Monday, April 5, 2010

Sneak Peak


I have been back and forth about how to decorate my bedroom for quite some time now. I could never settle on a color scheme and nothing seemed to blow me away. While emailing back and forth one day with Erica these Dwell pillow shams were discovered. I absolutely fell in love! They were perfect! Erica has this amazing ability to find the home of any item that I find online. I awaited the news of where to get them, and how much they were. A pit in my stomach formed when I found out that they were from Dwell and how much they were, like ridiculous. Erica tried to rationalize the price with me, but the fact remained, they were WAY too much.

A while down the road I received a package in the mail from Erica. I opened the box to a note that read, "The elusive shams." She bought me the ridiculously overpriced shams, and I was blown away by her sentiment.

I've finally been able to put these amazing shams to use in my bedroom redo! All with the help of Erica. Which brings me to my next point. Go and check out her design blog Tart House for her post about the magazine she was featured in! Really great tips, and seriously, who is featured in a magazine? Also, if you'd like Erica to be your best friend, email her, she's taking applications.

If it feels like I talk about Erica and my nieces and nephews a lot it's because I do. Stay tuned for more pics of the room!

3 comments:

Erica said...

lol I'm embarrassed.

But the room looks great so far! Based on your crappy picture that I'm guessing was taken with your phone.

Yay! I'm excited to see the rest.

Chelise said...

I'll post pictures of my kitchen when you post pictures of your bedroom :)

Can't wait to see it!

Michelle said...

Malia, I LOVE the friendship you 2 share...reminds me a lot of my best friend Allicat.

Your shams are gorgeous.