Thursday, March 18, 2010

Perspective.

Erica and I often trade photos of our current unaffordable design loves. I'm sure you remember her Tolix chairs that she wanted for 200 dollars a pop? Well mine was this lamp. I found it at Potterybarn for 200 dollars! I gasped at how magnificent the design was, and how much the price tag was. I'd look it up online every now and again just to pretend I owned it.

Today I checked on the website and it's on sale for 160! I wrote Erica in delight saying "..so close.."
She responded with, "It is beginning to remind me of a heat lamp at a buffet..." And just like that, my obsession was melted with a smile and hearty nod of the head, she's totally right, and Potterybarn can kiss it.

8 comments:

the cummard family said...

that was hilarious. thanks.

Michelle said...

lol

Malia you need to stick to your guns and call her bluff.

Erica said...

lol well it does. And it's overpriced. Yeah eat it PB!

Jess said...

it does look like a heat lamp and before i read your post i thought it was going to be about cooking.... :)

Chelise said...

If it was like $50 I think I would love it. For $160 it's definitely a heat lamp.

Marley Girls said...

agreed, lol

Jeni said...

Oh Malia, I love your blog. Definitely a (lovely) heat lamp!

P.S. I was dying over your last post, too. That picture is priceless!

natalie todd said...

funny! Darn cute heat lamp.