Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here's to 2010!


Brad and I at the stroke of midnight, 2010

Weren't the holidays amazing?! Brad and I spent a week and a half in Arizona and loved every minute! December was such a blur and I have so much to update, getting through my first semester of culinary school (!), Brad's little sister getting married, celebrating Christmas is Arizona, Naelani's birthday, girlfriends party, celebrating my 26th!, seeing friends, hanging out with family, eating, shopping, bringing in the New Year.

I'm going to have to post the holidays in several installments, but until then I thought I would share a most horrifying experience in 2009 for your enjoyment. Jules and I were out and about one afternoon getting ready for New Years and running errands. I had purchased a hoodie for Brad for Christmas that didn't fit, so Jules dropped me off so that I could run into Industrial and return it. I walked into the store and heard a "hey, you need a return something?" "Yes" I answered as I reached into the bag and handed the hoodie over. Not really paying any attention I looked over my shoulder. No sooner did I hear him saying "Um" and holding a condom, and stretching out his hand to return it to me. That's right, return it to me. A couple days before Ben, my brother in law had given Brad a condom for my birthday as a joke, and had somehow ended up in the bag. "Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, "that is so embarrassing." as I started to laugh out loud. The guy at a loss of words said "I just didn't want people" then stopped mid sentenced. I'm not really sure what he was going to say and frankly didn't really care, in fact I wish that he would have just killed me on the spot.

10 comments:

parkandsar said...

hahaha, great story.

Erica said...

Henceforth we will refer to this story as the condom incident of 2009.

Chelise said...

Kill me! I mean kill you.

It was so fun to see you last week :)

Crystal and Kyle said...

That is hilarious!! That is a great story for Teen Magazine or something. Those most embarassing moments. So sorry :)

Giles Fam said...

NICE!! Very classy. :) Love the condom story. :)

Katie said...

Oh...MY!!!! That's hilarious!!!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

This is TOO funny!!

Michelle said...

That story has started my new year out on the right path.

Marley Girls said...

I still get a hardy laugh every time I hear that story...hilarious

natalie todd said...

no freakin way! lol lol i would have died! i wish i could have seen your reaction.