There's something about the name "Black Friday" that makes me want to run for safety. Reading Erica's post about tips for Black Friday, I thought it might be useful to list a few helpful things to note for those Black Friday novices out there.
First, remind yourself that it WILL be worth it to run with the crazies for that priceless look on that recipients face the day of Christmas.
Second, Everyone looks scary at 3:00 in the morning. Frankly, brushing teeth is optional and so is wearing a bra.
Third, Run. It's the one time in your life when you can sprint through the aisles of Target in a frenzy to get those 5 dollar dvds.
Fourth, Map out the places that you want to go to first, and what items are of most importance. Having an accomplice and/or mother in law is helpful in covering the most ground. If you think that leaving your house at 6:00 will accomplish the task, refer to my top paragraph, you are a novice. 3:00 should be the latest you are leaving your house.
Fifth, Even if you don't need a particular item, grab it, because you might change your mind. With that being said, it's also not a bad idea to grab things that other people might be after. I remember one year Maile and Jules grabbed copious amounts of cabbage patch dolls just because everyone else was.
Remember these things and you should be fine. Good Luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
LOL to this entire post.
I remember every year you and your family doing the crazy Black Friday thing and I always was horrified at the thought of shopping at 3am slash also was secretly jealous.
This is my first experience of Black Friday... Andy and I have mapped out our entire morning... are alarms are set for 2:30 AM. Wish us luck!
Thanks for the advice!
Why am I just reading this today? I live for your posts.
Apparently I am not the Black Friday professional I thought I was. I was at Best Buy at 3am to get the camera I have been saving up for. Waited in line for 2 hours. Made it into the store to find out they had been sold out before the first 35 people in line (the ones who slept overnight in the tents). Pissed off.
Next year I am going to make myself Black Friday Loser badges and every time I miss out on an item I am trying to get I will add another badge.
Post a Comment