Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

This Labor Day weekend was perfect because my sweet nephew Vance was born. Jules had just been called to go down to the hospital to get induced when Brad and I got into town. We went down to the hospital and hung out until the nurse said it probably wouldn't be until 6:00am. So we went home to sleep and I got a call an hour later saying he was coming. So I was there to see him born. Honestly is there anything better than hearing a baby cry for the first time? I just want to bottle up that cry.
Vance
9 lbs. 5 ounces 22 inches long
Me & sweet Vance
Uncle Brad & Vance
Mele & Cam came down to the hospital to come see the new babe and I had to come out and see this amazing creature. Phoebe baby was in a cheer leading ASU outfit with gold sandals...spread this child on a cracker.
Saturday I got to see my friends! Case, Zach, Erica, Brad and I went out to eat at this delicious Mexican restaurant and then we went to Erica's amazing house and played Fight to the Death, I mean Catch Phrase. Erica did not grow impatient with my horrible hints, and Brad wasn't competitive. No, no.
A few more things from the trip that do not have pictures to accompany them.
*One morning I was getting out of the shower where Marley met me. I shivered and said "brrr!" Mars answered with "You cold?" I said "Yes." She said "You need you diaper?"
*I brought a box of Utah peaches home and made a peach tart (recipe from Smitten Kitchen), and then made a peach cobbler. NEVER have I seen more of an uproar over a "non crumble top cobbler" relatives were outraged. But it was delish, and I've decided that Utah peaches are sent First Class Priority Mail from heaven.

15 comments:

Giles Fam said...

What a cute, little nephew! 9.5 pounds! Holy cow--go Julie!!

PS...love your hair!

Chelise said...

Wow Vance is so big! And too sweet. Congrats Jules!

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh so hard. i'm sad we didn't see you while you were visiting. next time.

Cam and Mele said...

oh my, the crumble had me rolling. I am a witness people, and part of the chaos, but I have craved that cobbler everyday since....ewe I had to swallow cuz I was starting to salavate thinking about it!
and my sweet phoebs.mmm

Michelle said...

I feel very sad that I wasn't here for your visit!

I would die for Peach Cobbler, in fact I would kill for it. No crumbles are fine by me.

Michelle said...

p.s. that baby is so cute.

amberbuck said...

Aawwww! I'm so happy for Jules. Did it seem like she was pregnant for a year to you too? Poor girl had to experience a 9pounder...I have felt her pain...twice! Tell them I said congrats and he is handsome. I love the name as well. I'm so glad you guys were able to be in town for the birth, you are such a good auntie. Is catch phrase not the most fun game ever? Love it, and love that you made cobbler for the fam.

Anonymous said...

Malia: Can I just tell you that I love reading your blog. You and Erica are Hil-arious! And your new little nephew is so-o-o-o cute. What a hunk:) Write some more school memories I was LOL? Don't you like my blog lingo??

Tesera said...

I have SO much to say about this post! I just love it.

^^first of all, welcome cute nephew Vance, he is just a little bundle, I love it!!

**i LOVE that Marley asked if you needed her diaper-lol!!

**baby Phoebe is just the cutest little thing, you have a family of cuties!!

**annnnd anything peach is delicious, peach cobbler, peach tart, peach crisp, Yummy!!!

Erica said...

lol lol Zach looks super awkward in that last picture.

I'm obsessed with all the amazing babies!

I'm sorry for yelling at you during Catchphrase. I can't be held accountable while playing games with your husband.

natalie todd said...

"spread this child on a cracker" LOL. And the crumbles... thats totally something that would happen in my family too. No veering from the norm. Oh so funny!

What a cute and big baby. Yes I agree- I wish I could bottle up that first cry. Its music to my ears. Esp in my job, it is!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Jules on making another cute baby! And her hubby too. Utah peaches are heaven sent. I wish I had a bowl of cobbler in front of me right now. What is the amazing mexican restaurant??? Please share.

Crystal and Kyle said...

Vance is a way cute name! He is a big boy. How neat that you got to be there in person. PS. I have your peach jam still.

Lyndsie said...

holy huge boy!! how the HECK did julie pull that one off??!! he's so cute though!! how fun you got to be there... :)

Katie said...

Who needs crumble on the top??? That peach cobbler is BOMB!!!