Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Karaoke Night.

Brad and I live across the street from an Applebees, so often times we'll eat there. That's before "karaoke night", and now we think twice. And even worse than karaoke night at Applebees is "open mic" where comedians come and take a stab. Some open mic nights at Applebees have been so excruciating to sit through that I wanted to jump through the nearest pane of glass.

So last night Brad and I decided to try a nearby Italian restaurant, and were both eating our meals when I heard a familiar tune, Billy Joel's piano man. Except it wasn't Billy Joel. "It's nine o'clock on a Saturday the regular crowd shuffles in..." Brad and I stop and look at each other and Brad says, "Oh no, karaoke." We sat through 3 or 4 more horrible songs. At one point everyone in the restaurant was asked to sing along, and they gladly obliged. I realized last night that no one is safe from these practices as long as they live in Utah County.

PS. I was a hair away getting actual footage of the catastrophe, but Brad said no. So hopefully my little video will do the horror justice. (Listen to the background)

3 comments:

youngsters said...

thats funny. only in Utah. Brad is embarassed.

Chelise said...

I have never seen karaoke at a restaurant before! That's unfortunate.

Michelle said...

Nooooo.

Is it the new rage? All restaurants must have Kareoke?

If you can't beat em join em. Malia I hear you do a good Lady Gaga.