Thursday, August 13, 2009

Noteworthy

Brad is working in Colorado this week and took our laptop, and upon hearing this news I shrieked "what will I do at night!" I had plans of long posts and surfing the web. Instead I thought I would list out some noteworthy events of late.

*I signed up for culinary school! I start at the end of August and couldn't be more excited.


*In November Jules, Mars and the new babe will be coming down to visit for a couple weeks and we're going to this. Last time I saw Elton John was with Erica, Case (see below) and it was nothing short of amazing. Can't wait!

*Beth gave me a baked ziti recipe a while back that has sour cream in it. Kind of weird right? Actually not, it makes it amazing. A few nights ago I made spaghetti and incorporated the same concept in, I put sour cream on my spaghetti...so good! So noteworthy that I told Brad, Erica, and all of my coworkers.

*There's a special on Food Network called Chefography. It goes through the chefs on Food Network and how they got started. I watched one on Bobby Flay, he wasn't into school so his dad had him get a job, and he worked in a kitchen, at 26 owned his own restaurant. Tonight at 7 Ina Garten is on! Brad and I saw Julie & Julia last week, such an inspirational movie. It's weird to think that these great chefs had to start somewhere, but they did and they weren't always amazing.

*Last night I was complaining to Erica about how I'm gaining weight. Later that night I ate Coldstone. I've realized that sometimes it's ok to ignore what you don't like about yourself, and that Coldstone will ALWAYS be a vehicle to that.

Happy Thursday.

9 comments:

Erica said...

lol this is a great list. and that picture is ancient! Um remember how you cried when Elton cam out on stage? Cried.

Chelise said...

Wow, culinary school! That is so exciting. Way to do something that you love.

Skeptical about the sour cream in spaghetti. But I am making spaghetti tonight so I will try it.

Giles Fam said...

I love that you are going to culinary school. I can totally see you doing that--SOO fun!

You didn't know that Coldstone can make all your troubles go away? I've known that for years! (Which is probably why I look the way I do :)

Michelle said...

I was at that Elton concert. When he came out I nearly peed myself. Malia's Elton Halloween costume goes down in the costume hall of fame.

I love your list and just realized you and I have much in common other than our love for Caca.

Coldstone
Ina Garten
Elton John

What more is there to life?

Congrats on culinary school. You will rock it.

Heidi said...

yay! I'm so glad you are finally doing culinary school! I am so excited for you!

diana said...

Oh Malia, I love you.

And I love Coldstone too.

And the Food Network.

Crystal and Kyle said...

Yeah, A new recipe to steal from you :) Who's watching the childrens while you guys go to Elton John? Kyle and I would volunteer if you need someone. See you tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

A. I'm SO excited/jealous that you are going to culinary school!! I might just have to live my dream through you. So fun.
B. I am really sad that I don't have cable right now. I would be all over Chefography!
C. Your curtains look so good! They complete the room. How cute is your apt!!

Patterson Family said...

Cream cheese is another excellent ingredient for spagetti. So excited for you-culinary school. Always fun to do the things you love, now you are on your way to getting paid for it! Love the picture of you, Erica and Case-I heard it was a fun night.