Jules, baby Brooke and Me, circa...a long time ago. And yes, I've come a long way.Ever since I signed up for school I've felt excited and nervous. I can't wait to see what school has in store for me, but can't help but wonder how it's all going to pan out. One day while emailing Erica back and forth I mentioned a funny 4th grade story that I thought for sure she had heard. After being friends with someone for over 10 years you pretty much assume they know it all. After telling the story and both of us dying of laughter, it led me to think of the days of old. So, I thought it only be right for me to share with you the days of old.
2nd Grade Ms. Phillippe-Our classroom and the adjoining 2 got together in an empty classroom for story time. I sat crossed legged with my small, but distinguished group of girlfriends. I don't remember how I got from point A to point B, but point B was me dragging one of my best friends Tracie Payne by the hair in a circle. I laughed and returned to my cross legged position with a smile. Within seconds Tracie was bawling and Ms. Phillippe was grabbing me by the arm to promptly change my green card to a DOUBLE RED LIGHT! I sat in my empty classroom as I wrote in my second grade best something to the effect of "Dear Mom & Dad...today I got a double red light, I pulled Tracie Payne's hair..." I was directed to retrieve one of my parents signatures and return it the next day.
4th Grade Mr. Quie-I sat down to a generic brand of Rice Krispies and my stomach was in knots. I wasn't sure how I felt about the 4th grade, and my first male teacher. Porter Elementary had just built 4 new portables and my class was one of them. As our single file line was ushered into the classroom I felt sick to my stomach. Mr. Quie quickly went into the house rules with everyone intently watching. I was going to throw up, and I didn't have a lot of time to think. I quickly assessed my surroundings and looking down at the floor I thought "I don't want to throw up on the new carpet." So I opened my shirt and barfed. I promptly raised my hand and said "I just threw up in my shirt."
Same year, same class. I had made the decision that I wanted to be in orchestra, and the cello seemed to be the right fit. As always me and about 10 others sat in a small classroom just off of the music room. Our normal teacher wasn't present that day and in his place was a well respected older lady from the Phoenix Symphony. The class was winding down and we were finishing up with a familiar tune, "Orchestra will Rock You." Other students got creative and changed the wording, so I thought I would join in. While chuckling I yelled "Orchestra will F- You!" Heads snapped in my direction, and I couldn't believe what had just happened. I covered my mouth as the substitute teacher gasped and said "I hope you didn't mean that!" I shook my head from side to side and said "I didn't". Throughout the year Sean Fowler would walk behind me in the hall and say "Orchestra will beep you."
7th Grade Mrs. Farnsworth-It was the last period before the day was over. I sat next to Samir Patel and we couldn't stop laughing. Mrs. Farnsworth was trying to get the class in order and this wasn't helping. After a few times of "alright Malia, that's enough" and stern looks...she snapped. She said "I'm sick of this bologna!" But she didn't say it the way most do, she pronounced it bolo-G-na, and I burst into laughter. That's when she picked up a desk as if to launch it in my direction, and then slammed it down and said "I'm not going to throw this desk because I'm not a violent person, get out of here!" Lucky for me when I stepped outside it started to pour rain.
August 26th I'll be back to school, wish me luck.



20 comments:
Drew just came running in here because I was laughing so hard! I definitely remember the bolo-G-na incident. The others are just an added bonus!
Good luck today at school. Let's try not to get a double red light, okay?
sooo funny malia!! and i LOVE the picture! we've gotten a lot of good laughs out of that thing. you are hilarious...thanks for starting my day out with a good laugh & good luck in school today!!
LOL LOL LOL
I die at that picture every time; and I love every single one of these stories.
OH MY GOSH I am dying!
First of all, yes- you have come a long way. I probably have worse photos of me though- I looked like an mmm bop Hansen brother.
Don't even worry that I also had Mr Quie for TWO years (4th & 5th). Everyone called him Mr. Queer... but I liked him! I love that you just blatantly announced, "I just threw up in my shirt."
And I can totally picture Sean saying that. But YOU? Oh my gosh, you're hilarious. Best Malia post ever.
how the heck do you remember those stories! the only teacher i remember in grade school was Mrs. Eagleburger and Miss Mott. mainly Miss Mott because she dated dad in college.
Maile, I think when you barf in your shirt and drop the f bomb, you remember!
I don't always remember my f bombs.
Malia that picture is amazing.
LOL LOL to all the stories, I love them so much and wish you would share more.
I am laughing so hard! I am litterally crying! "Orchestra will f you!" LOL! I am going to think of that every time I hear that song!
Just more proof that you are the funniest person I know!! Seriously those are the funniest stories ever.
bolog-G-na.... who says that. The F-story is even better. What a rebel you were!
so mom has proceeded to tell me the following story...for the second time in a week....that you threw up in your shirt in the portables and dropped the f bomb b/c of it. I thought to myself "hmmm I don't remember that story". Now having read the real story I am dying laughing and I do remember the orchestra incident! That picture....sick
Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard right now...I was laughing out loud over here for a minute. These stories totally made my day! I'm so excited for you to start school! Soon you will have your own show on TV, I just know it! :)
LOL!!!!!! I'm crying with laughter right now! I totally forgot about these stories and they are all rushin back... oh Malia you kill me. Can we just have a night where you tell old stories because that would make me happy. That picture is classic, you have come a long way. btw, do you remember when we got the idea to go to contempory portraits for a free 8x10? Don't worry I'll find the pictures and email them to you!
Oh my gosh. I wish, wish, wish I could have heard those stories in person. I'm sure you have a hundred more, but those were all awesome. I am still cracking up. Thanks for the laughs. You are a hoot.
Good luck in school.
Didn't know you had so many good stories up your sleeves. You were quit the trouble maker :) It's funny that we laugh so hard at these stories now but back then they were very serious to us.
Good Luck in school. DId you guys find you a new computer?
Seriously, thanks. This post was HILARIOUS! It seriously made me gasp out loud at one part (throwing up in your shirt) and laugh out loud ("Orchestra will F- You") part. :) And I remember that bolo-G-na story. We used to re-quote her all the time and laugh. :) Too good, too good!! Good luck going back to school. Hopefully you'll have even more funny stories to share.
that just made my day. thank you.
Malia, you are so-o-o-o funny! Loved your stories. I wish we could get Nat to Utah sometime and I would totally come and meet you girls at the Pizza place (can't remember the name). You will be a great chef someday and I hope to sample some of your gourmet cooking:)
Wow Malia, I feel like I barely know you after seeing that picture and hearing these stories!! I am waiting for Blake to get back so I can read them all to him and laugh some more because I am dying here-love it!! :)
K two more things...I forgot to mention that I too played the cello, AND I had a crazy teacher snap on me in 7th grade as well!! We were totally meant to be friends!
Post a Comment