Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The curtains!

The curtains are done! Alert the presses! ...no really. Ok, so these are really bad pictures, but you get the point. I received my fabric in the mail last week and I have been dying to get this project done. When it comes to decorating I have no problem picking out pieces that I have to have, but literally cannot decorate without having my hand held by Pam and/or Erica. Pam just happens to be the bishops wife, and always has a million things to do, but will find time to help me with my decorating woes. Today I mentioned to my boss Jen that I needed help sewing my fabric, and she offered to help me! I don't know what I would have done without her help, and for supervising me through sewing. So yes, it took 3 adults to get these curtains up.

Before
Brad and President Hassinger during.
Pam makin the curtains lay right.
After

9 comments:

Jess said...

Malia those curtains ROCK!! you have such a great sense of style...

amanda p. said...

WHERE?! did you get that fabric? Those are the most attractive curtains I have seen in a long time! You= amazing!

Giles Fam said...

Super Cute! nice job!!

Emily Lauren said...

Malia, those curtains are amazing. I love love love them. It just dawned on me that they remind me of the curtains on The Sound of Music that Maria uses to make the kids' clothes out of. Remember? The may have no similarities, but for some reason it reminded me of them, and that makes me love them even more. They're great.
And you're so lucky to have such talented people around to help :)

natalie todd said...

congrats on sewing those puppies... I love them. Such cute fabric. You and Er with your cute curtains is making me jealous. Love the rug too :)

Come visit me in LA!

Erica said...

Glorious!! Love love love! Jealous of the fabric, very jealous.

The rug looks cute too

Crystal and Kyle said...

The curtains turned out so well. They look great!

Michelle said...

Love the rug.
Love the draperies.
Love that it took a village to hang them.

Katie said...

YAY!!! I LOVE THEM! Man, I haven't read your blog in a long time :) I need to get caught up.