Sunday, June 7, 2009

2 Years

This weekend Brad and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary! It's strange to think that we've only been married for 2 years when I think of how long I've known Brad. Below is a copy of a letter that Case and Brad complied while we were in Hawaii, 2003. At the top of the letter were names that I had liked for children, lol. Case and Brad always used to tease me, so one night they made everyone stand around and listen to the letter Brad had written to me, and I had to hold his hand. I was humiliated because, well, I was just really awkward with guys. Every time I read this letter I think of how ironic it is that we are now married.



Brad and I celebrating our anniversary over some burgers and baklava.


Happy Anniversary Brad, I love you!

11 comments:

Cam and Mele said...

So I came on here to wish you both a belated anniversary, and ended up cackling over the letter!
Happy Anni you two, I hope this year brings you both much happiness! And apparently with the number of kids I saw in the letter, you better get busy this year too!!
phoebe concurs.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the letter and the pic of you guys in Hawaii. You both look so young! Love you guys.

Erica said...

I am going to die over how cute this post is. LOL I totally forgot about that letter! That picture is perfect. I remember talking to you every night on the phone; getting every detail of the developing romance with Bradley.

Happy Anniversary!!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Wow 2 years!?!? You guys are getting old! Congrats!

Giles Fam said...

Loved that letter! And this post was super cute--MAN! I knew I should have gone to Hawaii with all of you! I missed out on your romance :) Happy Anniversary!!

Jess said...

Congrats!!! you guys are such a good match!

the cummard family said...

it really does seem longer than 2 years! happy anniversary cuz!

where did kallie get those white sandals? i want a pair right now! and her and brad look so much a like...ok, she's a little cuter, the dimples. but still twinners!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary Malia! You made such a beautiful bride, your dress was amazing.

I only wish you weren't living in Utah, you need to get back to your roots.

You guys make a very cute couple.

matt sloan said...

LOVE YOU GUYS to PIECES!!! Happy Anniversary! I'll never forget your wedding! Our stroller got stolen and our camera broke and our lens dropped!!! haha! so worth it though!

Case said...

OH my gosh...I thought, "time to catch up on blogs" I would have dayssss ago had I known this gem of a post was here! Oh how Brad and I loved teaming up on you. I would have my head thrown back breathless, and I can clearly still hear Brad's laugh in my head when you would get embarrassed over his over-the-top flirtation. You always brushed his flirtation off with a witty bite of a remark or a laughing roll of the eyes to the onlookers. Especially with that first love note written on that cow paper. I remember the first night you admitted to liking him. We were chatting outside our old house on Moana st. and later more about it in your room, keeping our voices down and laughing about it.
I LOVE THAT YOU GOT MARRIED!! You have to admit, your guys' love developing story kind of has a fairytale aire about it. I love the combo. Congrats (tardy, sorry) on your anniversary. This is my favorite post ever.

Case said...

p.s. I have to say how much I love that wedding picture of you and Brad dancing. Any stranger could just tell it is real love just by the way you two are looking at each other.