Monday, March 16, 2009

Brad's "buddy" and basketball

Since the day Brad laid eyes on this kid he's been in love. Brad can always get a smile out of Trey and loves him so much. A couple of weeks ago Trey came to Brad's church basketball game in this shirt, it says "I'm on Uncle Brad's Team." lol.

Brad and Trey aka "my buddy"
Crystal and Trey. Trey has a hard time with the flash, but this picture makes me laugh. It looks like he's laughing and carrying on.

Meet the team.
Which brings me to my next point. This past Friday Brad was involved in another church basketball game, ahem, we were undefeated, anyway he got injured. I wasn't there to see what happened, but when I did he was unable to walk on it and hobbled around for most of the weekend. Brad and Jan came home after the game and tried to figure out online what it could be, and said the dreaded acronym...ACL. Well, Brad and I went to the doctor today and although optimistic, once the doctor started to twist his leg he started to squirm and confirmed our fears of a torn ACL. So we're meeting with the surgeon tomorrow, who happens to be my friend Brynn's father in law, so I'm sure we're in good hands, but we will be getting his opinion as well, and if it is a torn ACL, he'll have to get surgery. Most of you that know Brad knows that he's not that concerned about the surgery, just wants to get back to work. But this couldn't be at a better time because it's March Madness...how convenient. Blogland, I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Jess said...

torn ALC is no fun- i know, i did it.. keep us posted. missing you

Chelise said...

Everytime Jason comes home from playing basketball he hobbles in the door with something hurting. Torn ACL is big time though... and yes, nice timing Brad :)

Cam and Mele said...

Mormon sports... ruthless.