Monday, December 3, 2007

Subject to interpretation.

Have you ever been in the car singing to one of your favorite songs and had someone point out that the lyrics that you were singing were wrong? I thought I would list 2 specific occasions that have now come to enjoy.

1st Offense
Jules:"I went 3.7 seconds on a full man fu man ju."
Correct lyrics: " I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named fumanchu."

2nd Offense
Malia: "Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a... (point to Bethany)
Bethany: "douche in the middle of the night"
Correct lyrics: "Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night."

The second offense was pointed out by another co worker to Bethany and I, which made it even more funny. Feel free to comment on any funny lyric mishaps!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL! I have sung "douche in the middle of the night" for years, knew it didn't make sense but neither does "a deuce, another runner in the night"

Good post Malia.

Alisse Baldwin said...

This happens so many times to me! Dangit, I can't think of a specific one, but if I do, I'll comment.

Oh, there is that one that's on a commercial that I still don't know the words to.. "Lock the cash box" or something. I wish they would've said the correct ones.

Erica said...

You know I'm the worst at lyrics. I don't think I know one song in its entirety.

Anonymous said...

I hate finding out the true lyrics! It ruins the song for me. Some things are better left to my interpretation. "Douche in the middle of the night" is so much better!

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL that is hilarious! I have always wondered why they would sing about a douche wrapped up but still continued to sing the lyrics at the top of my lungs!