


After looking at
Maile's blog and seeing her delicious cinnamon rolls, I couldn't help but make some of my own tonight. Everything including dinner was put aside. Let the truth be told, I ruined my first batch by forgetting to include the cup of water and dissolved yeast. After about 5 minutes of kneading a brick I realized that I had forgotten this most important step and was advised by
Maile to start over. So alas, it is 11:00 pm and I am waiting for them to cool so that I can frost them and go to bed. Considering this was my first and only successful bread making, (scones and
foccacia bread) I thought I would blog this!
13 comments:
Those cinnamom rolls look amazing! I love how on Food Network they make baking seem so easy, when in reality it takes 3 times as long as it should and everything else in your life gets pushed aside (well that's how it is for me). Forget dinner.
They look delicious! I am impressed. And also pissed that I'm not there to partake.
Malia I have the same Kitchen Aide. I made sugar cookies this weekend. I think I haven't toughed my mixer since Christmas. Are you guys coming for Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Lol totally Chelise! I was thinking that same thing yesterday, after looking at my trashed kitchen. Thank you Erica, I too am mad you weren't there to partake. Tiff, the Kitchen Aide is Jules, mine is at my Mom's. We are planning on coming for Christmas and are still figuring out Thanksgiving.
Quite impressive. Looks aren't everything though... ha ha. I'm sure they are fabulous... we are down to 2 left at our house from this weekend.
Well I do think that Mom's taste better, but that was to be expected. I brought a pan to work and everyone seems to like them, so they're not THAT bad, but I could use some more practice.
They look so good! Lol to kneading a rock! I have been there.
y is for yum-cinnis
I love cinnimon rolls.
Car made some a week or two ago and I was on no sugar (for like the second day)....those little swirls messed up the whole program, I'm still in recovery.
Malia those look wonderful, I wish I could eat them.
Lol, Heidi in all your days of baking I knew you had to have experienced something like that, and I actually thought about calling you because it was funny to me! Case how did your pumpkin spice ice cream sandwiches go? Thank you Michelle, I wish I was in Arizona to take them over to your house and see your lovely display of ghouls!
Me
Wow Miss Domestic One! Looks yummy!! I think I feel some cinnamon roll baking coming on myself...thanks to you! :)
So those look amazing! And I am very impressed!
I remember this day. You and Brad were going to stop by but it didn't work on my end. YUM! They actually look serioulsy good! You're so domesticated. Brads a lucky lad!
Post a Comment