Today is my Dad's birthday! It's been fun for me to think of memories and things about my Dad to write about. Here's to you Dad.
*My Dad loves Red Devil Hot Sauce
*He refers to mayonnaise as "slime".
*He started a book called Slider
*He is a very hard worker
*He loves to sit in his recliner and read
*He likes Rocky Road ice cream
*He loves his grand babies
My Dad managed to survive being in a household of all women. I believe that he coined the phrase "buzz off." Almost every Sunday after dinner he would show my sisters and I how to properly clean up by "worshing" his dish, and putting it into the dish "worsher". I think until all of us grew up we drove the poor man crazy. My Dad has the greatest laugh, with an undertone of wheezing. Even now I try to give him my best material.
I've always known my Dad to be a hard worker. He always had a handful of paper routes, that with another full time job usually. My Mom would wake us up early on a Saturday or Sunday to help my Dad, which I'm sure was just a hindrance for him! He's the smartest man that I know, and the one I go to for advice.
Have a Happy Birthday Dad, love you!




7 comments:
Larry is the Man! Happy Birthday Larrinator!
Happy Birthday Larry! My favorite memory of your Dad, Malia, is when he used to drive down the street and wave just with his 4 fingers...barely. The funny thing is he would never look at you so half the time we never knew how in the world he knew we were even waving in the first place. I definately lol at "buzz off". I totally forgot about that.
Thanks Ang! I'll pass on the word to him.
Lol, totally Amber! You were also there when we would have to sit on the chair if we left the door open in the summer, because the ac was on. It was usually when we were playing, and you'd have to wait outside.
Happy birthday Larry! I haven't seen your parents for the longest time it seems...tell them hello!
Malia...I so remember going with you guys early in the morning, when it was still dark outside, to do the paper routes. I thought it was the coolest thing ever when I got to go...it was my one of my favorite things back then...not sure why...:)
love win! He is so sweet and chill.He is not a man of numerous words, but all his words are good so that you listen up when lare speaks. And he is always so nice to me. I can picture his stance right night....arms folded slightly leaned back smiling and at you and your sisters being you guys.
I don't really ask him about slider anymore....I don't want him to think i'm mocking him for not finishing yet, however, let it be known that I will buy copies by the dozens when he is published it. It is sure to make the new york times best sellers list.
Happy birthday Larry! After all these years of being your friend, i'm still not sure Larry knows who I am! he is the greatest!
you forgot to mention that his middle name is Carwin. LOL about the paper route Lyndsie, I think everybody loved going on the paper routes with us...except us! Life was good and simple back in those days weren't they!
Post a Comment