
Today is my Mom's birthday and I thought that I would share a few of my favorite things about my Mom.
*My Mom has so much compassion for other people
*Her home is a place where people can feel comfortable and EAT!
*She loves shopping probably more than Maile, Jules and I put together
*Growing up I never heard her talk bad about anyone
*She's terrified of spiders
*She gives the best hugs
*She lets you vent
*She is GREAT at cooking and baking
*My Mom gets emotional very easily, a trait that all of us kids have inherited, go ahead call Maile or Jules around 3:00 some day and I'm sure they'll be hysterical over an Oprah episode
*She laughs the hardest when she is with her brothers and sisters
*She calls my Dad "dear"
*When we used to watch Saved by the Bell she would say, "turn this garbage off."
Growing up I believe that my Mom wanted her kids to be concert pianists. So everyday before we went to school we would have to practice our piano. It didn't matter how much we moaned and groaned, the 30 minutes would still have to be done. During my 5th grade year I think I came in 45 minutes late to school, usually after walking, because I had put off my piano, thinking that I could get away with it. Now that I think of it, Jules tried to get out of piano and my Mom went to school and pulled her out, in her mumu.
I've learned from my Mom that it is better to give than to receive. To take your family on road trips. To be consistent, and stick to what you think and believe, which is a nice way of saying be stubborn, lol. To always be supportive of people and to serve. Happy 50th Mom, I love you.



10 comments:
in 3rd grade when i broke my arm, auntie said, "you're going to miss the bus!!!" love her! happy birthday auntie!
LOL, I just read that with my Mom on the phone and she laughed and said "she will never let me forget that." That is classic Steph though.
Hapy Birthday Steph!!! Stephanie has kept me fed for the majority of my life, she has supplied a vehicle for several of the girls' road trips, and she has put up with me basically living at her house for a couple of years. She is one of the sweetest people I know. Here's to you Steph, and your taco soup.
Amen sister, couldn't have said it better, Happy Birthday Mama!!
I totally remember you having to practice piano before we walked to school. I would come over to get you and you'd still be playing and I just knew we were going to be late. ha ha,
Tell your mom happy birthday for me :)
girl....love the mamas. Steph has never been anything but sweet to me, I love her dearly. Like I told you on the phone earlier today, "you come from good stock".
"good people" -our dads
well 5o down steph, 50 to go! Happy birthday love you!
Lol Erica to "here's to you Steph and your taco soup."
Emily so so true! You know ME and my family too well. When wasn't I late?
"Good people", lol Case, I can hear them now!
Thanks for all the nice comments about my Mom, it made her so happy!
Wow girl, how the heck are you. Its been forever. This is Cassie (Stark) Ross. You look beautiful in you wedding picture. This is the second time I have seen them too, I saw it on someone else's blog and now I can't remember. Anyway you great. By the way, did you know Kristy is in my Stake. Funny huh, I just saw her on Sunday.
Malia, I loved your tribute.
So that is where you get your superb baking skills! You are lucky to have a mother that actually enjoys cooking....unlike Erica's.
Michelle don't worry as kids we loved my Mom's cooking but we would give her guff for things we didn't really like, like "Saturday Surprise"
Post a Comment