I left the house on Saturday and had given Brad the task of cleaning the bathrooms. I made sure we were on the same page by listing off what this chore would entail, things like, "make sure you sweep and mop the floor, clean the toilet, mirrors etc." Brad shirked the instructions like he had done it a hundred times before...ahem like he had done it a hundred times before. I walk in the door from being out and about and the house looks great! The bathroom is esthetically pleasing and I jump into the shower to get ready for the night. I can't help but notice a funny blue residue on most of the tub. Huh. So I get out of the shower and the conversation is as follows:
M:"Brad, did you clean the shower with Windex?"
B:"No, I cleaned it with the toilet wand."
M:"Why would you do that?!"
B:"Well it cleans the toilet so well that I thought it would do that same job for the tub."
Of course. Because cleaning the tub with a toilet wand isn't repulsive. Although he said that he did "think of using Comet". Lovely.




10 comments:
lol lol the toilet wand, of course. Husbands and cleaning bathrooms do. not. mix. They do it on purpose so that we won't ask them to clean it ever again.
LOL!!!
Never leave him unattended again!
so what brad doesn't know how to do chores? send him my way I'll teach him a few tricks about cleaning the bathroom...lol lol
....this entire tale made my palms sweat.
NO comet in the tub, use Lysol Bathroom cleaner, I love it.
LOL to the "unrelated picture"
Great minds think alike Malia. I think that Brad did such a "crappy" job (pun intended) for the same reason all us husbands do... our wives want something done their way, they know they had better do it themselves or the result is often unsanitary. You just can't trust us men with things like that. Personally, I thought the toilet brush was a great idea! Just be thankful you didn't ask him to do the dishes too! ;)
Malia,
I am laughing so hard right now and remembering when Brett and I had been married for a few months and I came home to see him plunging the Kitchen sink with the toilet plunger. SERIOULSY - I want all that residue in my kitchen sink. He still sees no problem with this and I take care of the clogs.
No offense Malia, but you're just jealous 'cause you didn't think of it first. Genius, Brad...genius.
That is GREAT!! :)
I literally laughed out loud at your story, I love it!
Post a Comment