Today is Erica's birthday! There are so many things that I could say about Erica, so I will. I was filling out a reference form for Erica last week and one of the questions asked "how long have you known this person", after giving it some thought I realized that it's been 10 years. Crazy to think. So for Erica's birthday I comprised a quiz to fill out.
The last phone conversation you had: I received a text at 11:04 pm on Sunday telling me that Nie Nie had been in a crash. I was panicked and called her, and she filled me in on what happened, and no where in that conversation did we ever touch upon the fact that we've never met Nie Nie, or spoken to her.
The earliest memory: For some reason I remember our science class, and one day her walking over to me and talking at my table, I don't remember the conversation but it was almost like that moment forward we slowly started our friendship.
One of the most memorable moments: Saturdays. Those days can be clumped into one. For YEARS every Saturday Erica would come over, and we would go to the mall. We had a routine, and in the summers we would lay out by the pool which lasted about 15 minutes.
Your favorite attribute about her: Humor. She has this ability to tell stories. There have been countless times where I am sitting at my desk yelling with laughter at my monitor at a story I just read. Our phone conversations are just as good, and after I get off the phone with her I feel rejuvenated.
When you knew you'd be friends for a while: We haven't gone anywhere. I thought that moving to Utah would change us, and in some ways it has. But I talk to her at least 5 days a week and things are just as they should be.
I hope you have the best birthday Do, Gutt, Rina, Eskimo, Sim, Erica! Here's to many more birthdays to come, love you!



5 comments:
You and Erica are basically a really good sit-com. Being with both of you is like the best comedy team for free.
Very good post Malia, thanks for being a true blue friend to my Erica.
Everything you wrote is very true.
This is so sweet! Thank you my love. I miss our Saturdays.
You two are definitely a match made in heaven. Caca and you are so lucky to have each other!!
Dido, I love the CA!
She looks so pretty in this picture- but thats not a surprise :)
Post a Comment