Friday, May 2, 2008

Brad could you give me a hand?

Last night I was sitting on the couch eating dinner, and Lady jumped up and tried to eat my food, so of course I exclaim "Brad! Can you get the dog?" His response was, "did you know that you whine a lot?" and then continued with "if you would just say something like, 'hey brad could you give me a hand' I would be more willing to help." This comment literally sent me into convulsions of laughter, because if you know Brad, it generally takes about 3-4 seconds to peel his attention away from what he's doing at the moment (which this time was watching tv). So had I taken his route of saying "hey Brad could you give me a hand?" I probably would have been sitting with a dog on my lap and an empty bowl of pasta.

4 comments:

Kim said...

This reminds me of the time we were having a mutual activity at my house and my little yorkie jmped up an stole the bagel you were eating rght out of your hand! Remember that? We called her our demon dog.

Case said...

HAHAHA. I think this is funnier too because I know Brad! For some reason it reminded me of when you dropped your phone in your fettichini and had to clean the dried sauce out of the sound holes, but I'm sure lady would clean up any spilled sauce. That's why Brandon brings his dog to family dinners now. We leave Delilah (his boxer) outside and then after the meal when the babies have dropped half their plate on the groud Deli comes in for dinner. "SNots, SNots....get over here and let uncle Clark scratch your Bell-ey" yeah, gross I know. It's hog heaven for the dogs.

And for Brad.... Bradly, Bradly...He is funny. Malia remember it's all in the tone and wordage.

A very LARGE P.S.....YOU ARE COMING THIS WEEK! ERICA IS GETTING MARRIED THIS WEEK!.... just a reminder so you don't forget and miss your flight.

Anonymous said...

How do we work on quickening those response times with our husbands? Without having to resort to saying the only things that really grab there attention. hmmmm...

I like how he wants you to ask, "hey Brad, could you give me a hand?" Too funny.

Heidi said...

LOl. And I Can't wait to see you!