Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Snow Day





The hills were alive, with the sound of...profanities. Last week American Name Services declared Saturday to be a "snow day". Such a day included free ski/snowboard rentals and free lift tickets for you and a guest. I thought I would be a good sport because Bethany, Kris and Brad all seemed very enthused over snow day. Unfortunately my smile (in the last photo) would be my last, as I was about to go down the hill of doom. The beginning of the run seemed promising until I ended up in 2 feet of snow off the trail, that's when "I'm sick of this s**t" came running out of my mouth and "#%*@ *%i@" was soon to follow. Oh and when Brad was trying to help me out of, let's call it a ravine, I told him to shup up...several times. After my mouth had run dry of profanities, I decided the best way of handling the situation would be to, walk down the rest of the hill. After about 10 minutes of walking, and cooling off, I was able to take in the great scenery. On the last hill I even strapped on my board, for one last time. I made my way to the lodge, grabbed a metal chair and was happy to be on land again. Brad gave me a kiss and was on his way with Bethany and Kris. I gave it the old college try, but in the end I will not be snowboarding again.

8 comments:

Jen said...

That is pretty hysterical...the first day always suck. But it does get better. :)

Alisse Baldwin said...

Ok, I am seriously cracking up imagining this scene- and surprisingly, I can envision it perfectly. Better luck next time! :>

amberbuck said...

amen girl! I went snowboarding once and I will NEVER do it again. after 1 time down the hill and running into a 6 yr. old girl who was snowboarding, I thought ya right. I swear my butt was bleeding from falling so much. Leave it to the crazys.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard at this! The only reason I can laugh is because I have the same snowboarding abilities (and swearing abilities) as you do!

Cam and Mele said...

my first time consisted of pretty much the same words, and same outcome. Let's just say I didn't see the hill's drop off and went flying, face planting it, and holding back the tears as people all around were like "OHHHHH Man are you ok??!" Go to Hell is all I had to say.

Heidi said...

LOL! This reminds me of our Cali trip when I begged you to come snowboarding, and then left you most of the day. I am a loser!

the cummard family said...

which is why i'll never try.

BethanyPeterson said...

You're so lame. You know you loved it.