Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday My Sweet!

Today is Bradley's birthday! Last night I made his Mom's cinnamon roll recipe and the box below, which I am quite proud of! I wanted to do 23 things about him, whether it be his personality or memories that we've had together. Erica helped me with the catchy title "23 reasons why I am happy that you were born 23 years ago." She also gave me the idea of a box. So I went to the scrapbook store and found some cute paper, ribbon and number stickers. I recovered the box and then wrote on the back of the tags. I'm so excited to give it to him! Tonight we are going to the BYU basketball game with his parents, it's also Brad Senior's birthday today, we'll be cheering Lee on! I'm so happy to be with Brad and for him always keeping things light, and not taking life too seriously. For allowing me to run my course. Happy Birthday My Sweet!



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malia you are so artsy! I really like the present, it turned out really good! Brad is going to love it! Maybe you can make one for me. With 99 numbers. I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.

Lindsee said...

Cutest idea ever! You are so talented and creative! And we should go on a double date sometime since we are both stranded in Utah!:)

LeeElle said...

hello malia. My name is LeeElle I grew up with the Calls in Anaheim, back when Brad was Tyler:) Cute blog- I love your style! Happy Birthday Tyler/Brad.

Malia said...

Hi LeeElle, I'm glad you found our blog! There are still a handful of people that call Brad "Tyler", his Mom, Grandma, and other family members. I was introduced to him in Hawaii as Brad, so that's what I call him. I'll have to tell him that you said hello!

Lindsee said...

Hey--got your comment--we are living just south of campus. Email me and we will figure something out. Hurray!
lindseejo@gmail.com

Marley Girls said...

oh that is the cutest idea! I want to do that, no, I want you to do that for me when it is Ben's birthday! I am sure he will love it!

James & Prilly said...

FUN! BE glad you did it when he was 23. For James' last birthday I did "35 reasons I love you" and a gift with each one. Although the reasons I love him are endless, I did have to get really creative at about reason #25. Happy Bday Brad!

the cummard family said...

cutest idea....i want to do that for parker's b-day next month...well april. it's basically march. maybe i should wait till it's the big three oh. instead of 29. i fwd. your text last night to all of parker's family-including lee. he got a kick out of it. thanks.

Malia said...

Lol, I'm happy that you sent that out to the family, I know how supportive the Cummards are of Lee, so it's fun to hear things on t.v. about how good Lee is doing. I'm excited for the game tonight!

The boxes were so easy Jules, you could totally make it yourself, but maybe if you guys come up in March we can sit down and make them. It'd be fun for you to wait until 30 Kanoe, but like April said, by the time I got to 23 it seemed like they were short and sweet!

Kristi said...

What a cute idea! I love your blog, so cute! I was on Heidi's and saw it and had to check it out. I had no idea you were married that is awesome! Good to see you again Malia,
Kristi Lane

natalie todd said...

Oh my gosh the hair styles are hilarious! But i'm glad you chose the one you did. I love it... you should love if you don't by now. And Brads gift... amazing! You are so good at putting colors together. You've always had the eye for things. Tell Brad happy bday!

youngsters said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE BRAD !!

Lyndsie said...

very cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Martha, I mean Malia, you are so cute!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Brad! That is the cuttest idea, and Ilove the box. I will have to steal that idea for Craig's B-day, although I will probably forget by the time September rolls around.

MeL said...

It's comforting to know that you have the same gripe about the mini dress. Just yesterday I found an adorable one at Nordstrom.com and e-mailed it to my mom asking if we could make a dress like that, but a foot longer! Rrg, it's frustrating, that's for dang sure.

Anyhoo, adorable box of love, and I most likely will steal the idea as well, and then be really ticked when it doesn't turn out as cute as yours!