Thursday, September 6, 2007

3 Month Anniversary!

SO, today is our 3 month anniversary! I thought it'd be fun celebrate the first year quarterly...well for me, probably not the rest of you. I decided to write down a few things in regards to marriage, what my thoughts were before and now.

New things I've learned about Brad:
*He has OCD when it comes to getting things done. This includes tasks, homework, movies, conversations. It doesn't matter what movie or show we are watching, even if he doesn't like it, he commits to the program and won't turn it off until he's through. He doesn't conversation skip, which means when I am done talking about a subject and ready to move to the next, he's still talking about the original point. He doesn't like to be bothered when finishing tasks until they're DONE!

*He's cleaner than me, which is kind of embarrassing as a female because we're supposed to be sweet smelling and dainty, which should transfer to our living conditions, this is not the case for me.

Things that have changed since the wedding:
*He has begun to enjoy my cooking.

Brad and I are just an ordinary couple. I love him because he understands how to calm me and make me not so dramatic. Here is a text conversation I had with Brad this morning, which perfectly explains our relationship.

Malia:"Happy 3 Month!"
Brad:"You too, did you deposit the rent check?"

18 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats! lol love the text convo.

Hey you should post more wedding pictures, you never do.

lol lol just kidding of course, you know I love them.

Malia said...

You're such a brat! I don't have any pictures on my work computer...

Goodman Family said...

Malia- this is Colette Freestone (Goodman). So happy that I found your blog. Congrats on getting married. Isn't it the best thing you ever did. We have a blog cgoodmanfamily.blogspot.com. So fun to see and hear about you.

Colette

the cummard family said...

LOFreakingL! Love Brad....sorry we missed you guys this weekend. Love you Erica...I was thinking the same thing ;)

Michelle said...

Brad sounds like my ideal mate. I love OCD people. You and Brad complete each other it's a good mix.

Who wouldn't love your cooking! I would marry you based on your baking alone.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that everyone feels the same about my wedding pictures, but I looked AMAZING!! Lol.

Michelle you would like Brad, he is my polar opposite and I feel bad for him, because it's easier for me to deal with someone like that than vice versa.

Me

Case said...

yeah on vegas and on 3 months! YOu and Bradley make me laugh....I could see what you were describing in your post. haha...michelle is right...match made in Heaven. No matter if erica teases you keep up the wedding pictures I love them.
-case

Anonymous said...

Case I can always count on you!

Me

Heidi said...

Yea, 3 months! Lol to the text convo with Brad, i didn't realize he was the responsible one. Sorry we missed you this weekend, I didn't get your message until you had already gone and I was so sad. I need to get better at checking my phone.

Malia said...

I know Heidi I was bummed we didn't see you guys! Maybe you should come up for conference?!

natalie todd said...

Hey malia congrats!! I loved your text this morning... it made my day.

I totally agree with you about Brad making you less dramatic(well Dave for me:). He is stable, I am a rollercoaster.

natalie todd said...

I meant to say the text you sent my phone, although I liked you convo with Brad too.

Cam and Mele said...

haha the text convo was a good laugh! Happy 3 months!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Malia You have made it this long you will make forever...piece of cake...! Keep posting those wedding photos they are pretty sweet!

Anonymous said...

well dear sister it is a good thing brad is there to keep you in check...and as ben would say "you would lose your head if it wasn't on your shoulders"

thegreatestshowonearth said...

SO... when are we going to hang out?!

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 month!! That text conversation is priceless. Opposites really do attract, but you see as the years roll by you become more and more alike.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Malia!
Girlfriend...Sis Carroll here...but now that you are amongst the married, you must call me Kim...I insist!

Congrats on your 3 month anniversary. Your text conversation made me chuckle out loud, HILARIOUS!

It was so fun to discover that you and I both know Holly Clawson. she's a lot of fun to work with. We are the Friday girls, at work, and we have good conversations and LAUGHS, it doesn't surprise me that you and she are friends.

I loved your humor in YW and would chuckle to myself when you would do or say something funny at a YW program and your mom would just shake her head. hehehe