Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm the one in the singlet and muscles

Me & a fellow student at a food expo this morning. How did I end up with the man?
This morning I ran into my instructor from last semester that has never failed to humiliate me or make a wise crack at my expense. Today was no different. I greeted him with a smile and received this in return, ..."you're wearing sprayed on jeans."
So far my summer semester has proved to be interesting. I can surmise that baking is much harder than I ever remembered. In fact, on the day of our yeast breads I confidently leaned over to my partner and said "I've made breads before and they're really not that bad." Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes. As the room filled with the aroma of fresh baked goodness, my partner and I found ourselves making multiple repeats of our failed projects, and our egos were solemn.

2 comments:

Erica said...

you forgot the F word part.

Case said...

hahaha.Did you say the F word Oats?


I bet you are doing amazing. I like baking/cooking but I KNOW I would be SUPERRRRR humbled if I went to culinary school.